HÀ NỘI — The rental market for cars has become boisterous in Việt Nam with the approach of the Lunar New Year (Tết) holiday. Even as rental prices have risen two or three times their normal rate, demand remains high, leaving many customers without a car during the holiday. Thành Vinh, a resident in District 3, HCM City, told plo.vn that his office would stop working late this Tết, so he decided to rent a car to visit his hometown in the Tây Nguyên (Central Highlands) province of Lâm Đồng, along with his family. “Renting a car for Tết is an expensive affair, but passenger cars are cramped, while my family comprises five members, including children, so I want to rent a car to drive home,” said Vinh. However, Vinh said that despite approaching many dealers, he was unable to find a car that could accommodate four to seven passengers. Finally, he was able to rent a car with the support of his friend, although the price was steep at VNĐ1.8 million per day. Vinh is one of many trying to rent a car for Tết. Many car agents have reportedly hiked rental prices by 50 to 60 per cent,… Read full this story
- 'Family First!' Alex Rodriguez Shares Snap with Jennifer Lopez and Their Kids Following Rental Car Burglary
- Fisker vs. Canoo: Are subscriptions the future of electric cars?
- Bus ticket prices skyrocket after Tet
- Waves of Tet tourists enjoy Vung Tau beach break
- Ho Chi Minh City car imports drop to zero as new regulations take effect
- My plan for Tet 2020
- Vietnamese enjoy post-Tet
- Tet in a Hanoi family: Out with the old, in with the new
- Vietnamese engineer a Saharan Tet
- Big bucks incentivize Vietnamese to work through Tet
Rental cars hard to find for Tết have 294 words, post on bizhub.vn at February 10, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.