About 36.5 trillion VND (nearly 1.6 billion USD) sourced from localities' budget was allocated for the scheme, with 33.8 trillion VND (nearly 1.48 billion USD) for the national target programme on new rural development and over 2.6 trillion VND (113.6 million USD) to promote sustainable poverty reduction. The bank sector invested in communes across the country, contributing to realising targets related to new rural development. Banks also provided low-interest loans to poor and near-poor households, those newly escaped from poverty and other policy beneficiaries, aiming to foster sustainable poverty reduction and ensure social welfare. Notably, the Vietnam Bank for Social Policies disbursed 55.1 trillion VND (2.4 billion USD) in the year, contributing to accelerating the implementation of criteria on new-style rural area building. By the end of 2017, the outstanding loan balance of credit institutions in communes nationwide reached 871 trillion VND (38 billion USD), up 20.02 percent against the end of 2016. Besides sources from the State budget and support from credit institutions, national target programmes also received resources from Vietnam's development partners, businesses and individuals. More than 64.2 trillion VND (2.8 billion USD) was mobilised from enterprises and individuals for social welfare activities, new rural development and building… Read full this story
- Fifth of NHS providers missing all key national targets, study finds
- Romania’s government changes Start-Up Nation 2018 programme details to benefit creative services firms
- The United Nations Environment Programme Praises Oslo for Leading Efforts to Go Green
- Macron’s national service programme dismissed as 'big teenagers' party'
- Vietnam to raise nation brand value by 20 percent annually
- Vietnam-ILO programme helps create sustainable employment
- A spice company spent more money on impeachment ads on Facebook than anyone not named Trump
- Smart meter rollout target will not be met as costs likely to escalate – report
- Đắk Nông sets targets for 'new-style rural areas'
- Smart meter rollout target 'will not be met' as costs likely to escalate
Over US$2.2 billion spent on national target programmes have 298 words, post on vov.vn at February 28, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.