A law to curb false news should be created immediately in Malaysia to check the action of certain parties who are trying to jeopardise the peace and harmony of the country (Source: www.marketing-interactive.com) “False news can also undermine the economy, finance and affect Malaysia’s good relations with other countries,” he told reporters after opening the Malaysia Kelantan Student Leaders Retreat at Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK) on February 1st. He said that the law should have long been created so that the community would be more responsible and not easily disseminate any inaccurate information, he said. News Straits Times on February 2nd cited Datuk Seri Ahmad Razif Abdul Rahman, leader of Terengganu state, as saying that fake news can be more potent than a gilt-edged sword. The Terengganu menteri besar said that the negative impact of fake news can have far-reaching effects, even to the extent of destroying a person’s credibility, reputation and future. “With social media now easily available to almost everyone via mobile applications, people tend to be influenced by unverified news. “This poses a great danger to society at large, the government, the corporate sector, organisations and the country as a whole,” he said at the 4km ‘KT… Read full this story
- Could this EU crackdown on fake news be a gamechanger?
- Brussels Mulls Establishing Special Fund to Tackle Fake News, Foreign Propaganda
- EU chief urges tech firms to step up online fight against fake news
- Personally speaking: New law to help drive down insurance costs
- Children banned from buying energy drinks under new laws
- Twitter suspends 486 accounts in latest crackdown on fake news ahead of US midterm elections
- New law allows Shetland to break free from its geographically inaccurate box
- New law cracks down on poor device passwords in California from 2020
- Joyce McMillan: Could Russian fake news topple Western society?
- Twitter employee launches tirade against 'wrong decisions' in fake news debate
Malaysia needs new law to prevent fake news have 312 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 4, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.