New research has revealed that London’s growing tech scene and strong partnerships make it one of the world’s top smart cities alongside Barcelona and Singapore. Philips Lighting and SmartCitiesWorld surveyed 150 city planning experts from around the world to compile their new report on smart cities that named London as the second smartest city in the world after Singapore. The UK capital was praised as a “honeypot of technologies and partnerships” that incorporated green spaces into its future planning while Singapore was credited as a testing ground for a wide range of connected technologies.Barcelona was named the third top smart city due to the fact that a study on how IoT technologies can be applied to improve cities, shed light on how connected devices had managed to save Barcelona €42.5m on water costs. The report identified “visionary leadership” as a key component in the success of smart cities and highlighted limited budgets and a lack of infrastructure as barriers to innovation when trying to implement the technologies that make up a smart city. The segment leader of Philips Lighting, Jacques Letzelter offered further insight into the barriers that stand in the way of smart cities, saying: ”City authorities face complex and challenging choices concerning… Read full this story
- The complete travel guide to Brazil's World Cup cities
- Frankfurt investment chief woos London bankers in Brexit business pitch
- Debate: should we ban cars from city centres?
- Coronavirus: Underground empty as Londoners heed warnings
- A lab in a remote Namibian city is saving the cheetah from extinction
- World Cup 2014: inside Rio's Bond-villain mission control
- Paris mayor unveils plan to restrict traffic and pedestrianise city centre
- What are the world's most cycle-friendly cities?
- Paris hopes €1bn revamp of Les Halles can become city's 'beating heart'
- London will get a 12-hour warning before lockdown: Police could guard supermarkets, helicopters scramble to airdrop rations and only ONE person allowed out at a time if crisis spirals in UK's coronavirus epicentre
London revealed as one of the world's smartest cities have 320 words, post on www.itproportal.com at February 12, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.