There has been an increase in the number of foreign tourists arriving that has coincided with the Lunar New Year in Vietnam.
Foreigners watching the way to wrap traditional Tet Cake
According to Saigontourist, on February 8, cruise ship Celebrity Constellation arrived at Tan Cang Cai Mep Port in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, bringing 2,500 visitors from different countries, including the UK, France and the US.
Earlier, the ship also came to Da Nang for visitors to see the city and several other localities in the central region.
The tourists will visit HCM City and My Tho City in Tien Giang Province.
Saigontourist said that they are expected to serve a total of around 34,000 travellers who come to Vietnam by sea ahead of and during Tet. They will be transported by international cruise ships such as Glory Sea, Celebrity Constellation, World Dream, SuperStar Gemini, Celebrity Millennium and Mariner of the Seas.
Many travel companies have focused on tours to provide real Tet experiences.
Fiditour has organised a Tet tour for a group of Polish visitors. There, they have a chance to wrap Tet cake by themselves, write calligraphy and enjoy Vietnam’s traditional food for Tet.
According to Phan Xuan Anh, chairman of Viet Excursions Company, these days, the number of foreign tourists who arrived in HCM City by sea has been on the rise.
The General Statistics Office reported that Vietnam welcomed 1.43 million foreign travellers in January this year, up 42% on-year. Last year, the country received a record 12.9 million foreign visitors, a year-on-year increase of 29.1%, the office added.
In 2018, Vietnam has set a target to serve 15-17 million international visitors with total revenues of around VND620 trillion (around USD28.2 billion).
- Vietnam Airlines set to add 230,000 extra seats for Tet holiday
- The negative April numbers in Slovakia's foreign trade come as a surprise to analysts
- Zimbabwe govt to prevent foreign leaders from attending Mugabe’s burial
- Whole grains, flaxseeds and more: This is what you should have for healthy periods
- City ensures supply of essential goods for Tet
- PM checks Tet preparations in Thua Thien-Hue province
- Ho Chi Minh City to hold first-ever Tet festival
- Transport activities in full swing during Tet
- Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific add 230,000 seats for Tet holiday
- Local airlines to provide 230,000 additional seats in coming Tet holiday