GREETINGS from the sunny Arctic, where I have my timeshare holiday home in an icebox in a fridge buried beneath endless tundra littered with the frozen droppings of assorted polar bears. I like to fly out here for a warm-up when it gets a bit nippy back in Blighty. So, as you chip the icicles from your eyelids and huddle round a workman’s brassiere to keep warm, you can console your frosty selves with the prospect of some great gigs this month, including Show of Hands’ Phil Beer’s String Theory tour which twangs its way into Bridport Town Hall on Saturday, March 17. He’s been on the road since the beginning of February with his show which features his unique recipe of rich vocals and flawless musicianship across a range of stringed instruments (slide, Spanish and tenor guitar, mandocello, viola, mandolin and South American cuatro, which as I’m sure you’re aware, is a small tennis racquet. And as your man himself says: “There’s something about a solo tour which makes me feel really connected with the audience. I’m also planning the release of a very special eight-disc box set and am looking forward to sharing new material from that.” Tickets… Read full this story
- Canelo vs. Rocky: A guide to New York City while visiting for the fight
- Tour of Flanders 2019: Alberto Bettiol lands first win of his career with stylish solo move on Paterberg
- Tour of Flanders 2019: Alberto Bettiol lands first career win with stylish solo move on Oude Kwaremont
- Tour of Flanders 2019: Alberto Bettiol lands first win of his career with stylish solo move on Oude Kwaremont
- FMIA: Kyler Murray, No. 1 Story at the Combine, And No. 1 Pick in the Draft?
- College basketball coaching changes: Phil Martelli fired after 23 years at Saint Joseph's
- Tom McGinnis still brings the energy and the passion after two decades as solo voice of the Sixers
- A guide to the West Coast swing, the best stretch on the PGA Tour schedule
- This Track Is Gone, But The AAR Cuda’s Story Survives!
- Know the 2019 March Madness field: How many teams, where they come from, who is left
GIG GUIDE: Phil Beer's solo show, Bob Dylan Story have 353 words, post on www.dorsetecho.co.uk at February 2, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.