Respected travel publisher Rough Guides has released its list of the top 10 places in Southeast Asia, as voted for by its readers, and included on the list are Vietnam’s Hoi An and Sa Pa. Lying in the middle of Vietnam, "Hoi An feels a world apart," Rough Guides says. Unlike Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi, the two biggest cities in Vietnam that are filled with motorbikes and modern buildings, Hoi An is gentle and tranquil thanks to its old town by the river that used to be a rendezvous point for Japanese, Chinese and Western traders during the 17th and 18th centuries. Motorbikes are banned in the town center, so take a stroll past the yellow houses with their old red-tiled roofs, or take a cycling tour outside the town to get a true taste of the countryside with its paddy fields and temples. Don't miss Vietnam's Hoi An and Sa Pa if you plan a trip to Southeast Asia this year Hoi An seen from above And then there's Sa Pa, the roof of Indochina. This highland town has become more touristy in recent years, but that has not made it less attractive. "Hike to tiered rice terraces… Read full this story
- Singaporean school curriculum to include Vietnamese from next year
- Ambassadors in Vietnam – P7: Bound by destiny
- Call for coaching change on table after Vietnam’s top swimmer fails at Asian Games
- Vietnam could receive fresh FDI inflow amid COVID-19 epidemic
- Coronavirus Travel Insurance Advice: Can I Get a Refund If My Trip Is Canceled Because of the COVID-19 Virus Outbreak?
- Is Vietnam’s tourism flourishing or just made of pretentious reports?
- Just because your age difference is big, the talk doesn’t have to be small
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 8
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 11
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 9
Don’t miss Vietnam’s Hoi An and Sa Pa if you plan a trip to Southeast Asia this year have 307 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 9, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.