NDO/VNA – A cherry blossom festival opened for the first time in the north-western province of Dien Bien on January 6.Taking place in Pa Khoang commune, Dien Bien district, the opening ceremony featured an art show that introduced the ethnic culture in Dien Bien, through songs and traditional costumes of Vietnam and Japan.The Pa Khoang – Dien Bien Cherry Blossom Festival 2018 consists of a host of cultural, sporting and tourism activities, including movies screened on a mobile cinema, and tours around popular local destinations, such as the Che Can cultural village and the command post of the Dien Bien Phu battle. A photo exhibition and a food tasting event promoting the Vietnamese and Japanese cultures are also scheduled to take place.The festival serves as a curtain raiser for several events in celebration of the 45-year diplomatic ties between Vietnam and Japan (September 21). It aims at fostering bilateral friendship and cooperation and promoting Japanese investment in Dien Bien.
- Japanese cherry blossom festival to be held in Hà Nội
- Two drug traffickers arrested in Dien Bien
- Dien Bien police seize large amount of trafficked wildlife animals
- Dien Bien police arrest two transnational drug traffickers
- Additional 1,000 cherry blossom trees planted in Hà Nội park
- Washington DC Cold Snap Crushes Famous Capital Cherry Blossoms
- HCM City theme park set to host Southern Fruit Festival
- Art program marks 65th anniversary of Dien Bien Phu Victory
- Sportsnet Fires Former Bruins Coach Don Cherry For Immigrant Rant
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Goodwood festival is really going to the dogs! Estate owners are to launch a new weekend event dedicated entirely to canines
Dien Bien hosts first cherry blossom festival have 257 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 5, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.