Agro-forestry-fishery exports generate 25.7 billion USD in 8 monthsThe agro-forestry-fishery sector raked in 3.13 billion USD from exports in August, raising the total value in the first eight months of this year to 25.7 billion USD, up 7.3 percent year-on-year. According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the best performers in the period included rice, fruit and vegetables, key forestry products and seafood. Exports to major markets like the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the Republic of Korea (RoK), China, the US and Japan increased significantly over the past eight months. The country exported about 4.4 million tonnes of rice worth 2.2 million USD between January-August, up 6.8 percent in volume and 22.1 percent in value from the same period last year. In August alone, 441,000 tonnes valued at 209 million USD was shipped abroad. China remained Vietnam’s largest rice importer, making up 24.7 percent of the market share. Strong growth in rice export was also seen in other markets like Indonesia, Iraq, the Philippines, Malaysia, Ivory Coast and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Vietnam earned 5.6 billion USD from the export of wood and timber products, representing a year-on-year rise of 12.6 percent. The US, China, Japan and the RoK were the… Read full this story
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 26
- Monday evening news briefing: Conservatives open up biggest poll lead in two years
- Thursday morning news briefing: Jeremy Corbyn to dodge TV debates
- Monday briefing: Election campaign hits halfway mark
- Zomato may acquire this business from Uber
- How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory
- Tuesday briefing: Tit for tat over public spending
- Wednesday briefing: SNP touts manifesto, Corbyn seeks shelter in NHS
- Bull Market for Business Journalists Prompts Defections at Journal / Tech writers lured by higher salaries, stock options
- Thursday briefing: Political climate too hot for Johnson?
BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 2/9 have 283 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at February 8, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.