As planned, the Japanese football club will begin training at the newly launched 20,000-seat Hoa Xuan Stadium from January 16, according to SHB Da Nang.
Yokohama FC will train in the coastal city until January 23rd in preparation for the new football season in J-League 2.
SHB Da Nang will play the match under temporary coach Nguyen Minh Phuong, who has been in negotiations with Da Nang for the team’s head coach seat since former coach Le Huynh Duc left.
The Da Nang team won the V.League championship in 1992, 2009 and 2012, but ranked 9th in the championship of 2017.
The friendly match will be free for local football fans.
In 2015, Yokohama agreed a one-year loan contract with Vietnamese Nguyen Tuan Anh in playing in J-League 2. Two years ago, representatives of Barcelona football school in Asia and Oceania (FCBEscola) and Manchester City Football Services had working sessions with SHB on the possibility of constructing football academies in the central city.
The central city has hosted the annual Vietnam-Japan Culture Exchange since 2014.
Japanese tourists were the second largest foreign group visiting Da Nang with more than 400,000 tourists each year.
Direct routes were opened from Da Nang to Osaka, Narita and Tokyo in boosting tourism between destinations in central Vietnam and Japan.
- Birmingham Legion FC plays scoreless draw at Ottawa
- 5 things to watch as the Lights FC play in US Open Cup
- Legion FC plays undefeated Tampa Bay Rowdies at home Saturday
- Louisville City FC plays Reading United AC in U.S. Open Cup
- Gold Cup 2019: Louisville City FC playing well for Jamaica
- Dash fall to Reign FC in scorching heat
- Energy rallies from early deficit for 1-1 draw vs. rival Roughnecks FC
- Dortmund stage late comeback to beat FC Koln 3-1
- Oklahoma scene: Energy FC holds on for 1-1 draw with Tulsa
- Better, but not quite enough: FC Buffalo 2019 post-mortem