Vietnam’s Communist Party will step up its fight against corruption this year to weed out violations committed at a local level, according to Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong. Trong, who also chairs the Central Steering Committee on Anti-Corruption, discussed plans for 2018 and reviewed the progress made in 2017 as the committee convened for its 13th session on Monday. The committee concluded that its efforts last year had left no “off-limits zones” in the fight against corruption, and had transformed itself into a more effective, professional and responsible organization. “What we accomplished was very clear and widely supported by the people. The fight against corruption has become a movement that has created a good impression and reinforced public trust,” Trong said. Throughout the year, new regulations regarding inspections, management and the appointment and transfer of officials were issued to help prevent and tackle violations. The committee also stepped up inspections to detect and deal with violations, helping recover trillions of dong (more than $44 million) for the state budget. Authorities were also able to speed up major corruption trials and hand down “open, transparent and humane verdicts”. According to Trong, this transparency, with help from the media, has helped… Read full this story
- 38 Sweet And Unique Things To Do On This Valentine's Day
- Gift Guide: Gifts To Give Yourself for Valentine's Day
- Classic romantic movies for Valentine's Day
- Why Doris Day will have no funeral or memorial service
- Ayanna Pressley Wants to Shake the Democratic Party Again
- Kristina Hernandez: Valentine's Day – Here's what moms want
- Merkel Successor to Resign as Party Leader Citing Lack of Support
- Valentine's Day: SF Bay Area Dining & Event Guide 2020
- Marie Osmond EXCLUSIVE: The Talk star shares her tips for staying 120lbs at age 60: 'I eat SIX times a day - it's about keeping your metabolism up'
- Posters claiming Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav 'missing' plastered in Uttar Pradesh's Azamgarh
Vietnam to crack down on day-to-day corruption in 2018: Party chief have 305 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 23, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.