Launched in 1999, the program has become popular in society. Over the past 5 years, the Society has donated 10 million Tet gifts worth nearly US$148 million to the needy people. President Tran Dai Quang praised the Society’s initiative and achievements, saying that the Vietnamese Party and State considers humanitarian policy implementation an important task. He suggested “The Vietnam Red Cross Society needs to continue reform its operation and build a stronger organization to play a core role in humanitarian work for the poor and disadvantaged in remote, mountainous, and island areas.The Society needs to organize more widespread programs and movements to help needy people, contributing to implementing the Party and State’s welfare policy and activities of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.”At the program, the Vietnam Red Cross Society and the National Humanitarian Information Portal 1400 launched a SMS campaign by texting TET and sending to 1409. Each SMS will donate VND20,000 (nearly US$1) to the poor ahead of the Lunar New Year festival.The SMS campaign will run until February 24, 2018.
- Vietnam Red Cross Society offers relief to hailstorm-hit provinces
- Thai Red Cross Society delivers medical supplies to hospitals to combat COVID-19 outbreak
- Hanoi Red Cross, group help 1,000 needy
- Tamil New Year amid the pandemic: Simple meals, and virtual greetings
- Red Cross: COVID-19 Crisis Needs Huge Economy Recovery Plan
- Trump Admin Redirects W.H.O. Funding to Samaritan’s Purse, Red Cross
- Standard Chartered donates US$10m to UNICEF, Red Cross from US$50m Covid-19 global fund
- Red Cross pulls foreign staff out of Yemen
- Coronavirus: Vietnam ends fourth straight day sans new infections
- How to Watch the Ball Drop on New Year's Eve for Free
Vietnam Red Cross Society hosts Lunar New Year charity program have 269 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 7, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.