The task was assignedat an artistic program, themed “Tet for the poor and victims of AgentOrange/Dioxin (AO)” hosted by the Vietnam Red Cross Society’s Central Committee on the evening of January 7 in Hanoi.
Theprogram also saw the attendance of head of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for MassMobilization, Truong Thi Mai; President of the Vietnam Fatherland Front CentralCommittee Tran Thanh Man, former leaders of the Party, State, VietnamFatherland Front, international guests from International Red Cross and CrescentSocieties, foreign diplomatic corps, United Nations’ bodies, and otherinternational organizations operating in Vietnam.
President Quangpresented rolls of honor to enterprises, domestic and internationalorganizations in recognition of their active engagement in presenting Tet giftsto the poor and AO victims.
He thanked all-levelParty committees, authorities, people from all walks of life, domestic andinternational organizations, individuals, enterprises and other benefactors fortheir good deeds for the needy and for their support for the Vietnam Red CrossSociety’s humanitarian activities.
Emphasizing theVietnamese precious tradition of mutual affection and love and mutual support, PresidentQuang asked Party committees and authorities at all levels to boost theirleadership over the service of humanity and to raise awareness of andresponsibilities of cadres, Party members and people from all walks of life forhumanitarian activities.
He also asked them todirect the enhanced role of the Vietnam red cross societies at all levels inmaking social policies, eliminating hunger, reducing poverty and realizinghumanitarian programs.
He highly appreciatedthe Vietnam Red Cross Society’s initiative on annually hosting such “Strengthof humanity” program to improve material and spiritual life of the needy.
As the Lunar New Year(Tet) of 2018 is coming, President Quang wished all cadres, members and volunteers ofthe Red Cross societies, domestic and international benefactors and people goodhealth, happiness and success.
The 2018 “For thepoor and AO /Dioxin victims” campaign targets to raise at least two million Tet gifts,which doubles that in 2017, for families of the poor, policy beneficiaries, AO /Dioxin victims to help them enjoy a happy traditional Tet. The goal is doubled that in2017.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Art performance raises funds for Vietnamese pagoda in Japan
- Nominations for Irish Red Cross Humanitarian Awards Open NOW!
- Red Cross hosts P.E.I. information sessions on post-Dorian assistance program
- 'The sound of children screaming keeps replaying': a Red Cross nurse in Yemen
- Canadian carriers accepting BC Wildfires donations on behalf of Red Cross
- Red Cross: Dozens Evacuated After Lightning Strikes Smoke Stack
- Aid:Tech and Irish Red Cross use blockchain to track charity donations
- How to Help Victims of the California Wildfires: Red Cross, GoFundMe, Airbnb, and More
- Nissan SEMA builds include 400-horsepower 370Z, Titan Red Cross truck
- Red Cross Gets A Taste Of The New Land Rover Defender