Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam News Agency (VNA) and the Vietnam Postsand Telecommunications Group (VNPT) have signed an agreement to reinforce theircooperation and look towards building a strategic partnership in fields oftheir strengths.
Speaking at the signing ceremony in Hanoi on January 4, VNA GeneralDirector Nguyen Duc Loi expressed his pleasure to establish cooperative tieswith VNPT, one of the leading telecom companies and economic groups in Vietnam.
He said VNA is a governmental agency and the official State newsprovider of Vietnam. It is responsible for publishing official information anddocuments of the Party and State, providing information in service of the Partyleadership and State management and collecting and providing news throughvarious forms to mass media agencies, the public and readers at home andabroad.
VNA boasts a network of 63 representative offices in all cities and provincesnationwide, and 30 overseas representative offices.
With more than 60 media products produced by some 1,300 reporters andeditors out of its 2,500-strong staff, VNA is now the media office with thelargest number of products and forms in the country and one of the strongestpress agencies in Southeast Asia, Loi said.
He hoped the two sides will map out a cooperation agenda in severalfields to build win-win cooperation.
Chairman of the VNPT Member Council Tran Manh Hung said the signing ofthe agreement aims to elevate bilateral relations.
VNPT will provide maximum support for VNA to become a strong-infrastructurecommunication group, he said, adding that the group wants to use VNA documentsto develop its services.
Under the agreement, VNA and VNPT agreed to carry out some onlineservices, jointly organise for-community social welfare programmes and producea weekly programme on the VNA television channel Vnews.
VNPT will provide the best products and services at competitive prices forVNA as well as technical assistance for VNA press activities.
- African Daily Voice (ADV), a new panafrican news agency is born
- Kutztown University signs transfer agreement with school in India
- Amedisys Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Bring Care Home
- Malibu Boats Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire the Assets of Pursuit Boats from S2 Yachts
- BJCTA board members sign 'emergency agreement' with interim ED...or did they?
- EXMO and Bitcoin Gold Have Signed The Agreement About The Cryptomarket Development
- North Korea launches ballistic missile, South Korean news agency reports
- PDF: Read Michael Cohen's signed plea agreement
- Egypt blocks 21 websites, including Al Jazeera: state news agency
- U.S. investigators helping Qatar probe alleged news agency website hacking