Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam News Agency (VNA) and the Vietnam Postsand Telecommunications Group (VNPT) have signed an agreement to reinforce theircooperation and look towards building a strategic partnership in fields oftheir strengths.
Speaking at the signing ceremony in Hanoi on January 4, VNA GeneralDirector Nguyen Duc Loi expressed his pleasure to establish cooperative tieswith VNPT, one of the leading telecom companies and economic groups in Vietnam.
He said VNA is a governmental agency and the official State newsprovider of Vietnam. It is responsible for publishing official information anddocuments of the Party and State, providing information in service of the Partyleadership and State management and collecting and providing news throughvarious forms to mass media agencies, the public and readers at home andabroad.
VNA boasts a network of 63 representative offices in all cities and provincesnationwide, and 30 overseas representative offices.
With more than 60 media products produced by some 1,300 reporters andeditors out of its 2,500-strong staff, VNA is now the media office with thelargest number of products and forms in the country and one of the strongestpress agencies in Southeast Asia, Loi said.
He hoped the two sides will map out a cooperation agenda in severalfields to build win-win cooperation.
Chairman of the VNPT Member Council Tran Manh Hung said the signing ofthe agreement aims to elevate bilateral relations.
VNPT will provide maximum support for VNA to become a strong-infrastructurecommunication group, he said, adding that the group wants to use VNA documentsto develop its services.
Under the agreement, VNA and VNPT agreed to carry out some onlineservices, jointly organise for-community social welfare programmes and producea weekly programme on the VNA television channel Vnews.
VNPT will provide the best products and services at competitive prices forVNA as well as technical assistance for VNA press activities.
- Comments for : BlackBerry signs license agreement to bring its smartphones to one of world's biggest markets
- BlackBerry signs license agreement to bring its smartphones to one of world's biggest markets
- SMIC and IMECAS sign an agreement for MEMS R&D and foundry platform
- Syrian News Agency Reports Missile Attack on Air Base
- STMicroelectronics signs license and cooperation agreement on LDMOS technology from Innogration
- Comments for : Apple agrees to sign licensing agreement with SBB for iOS 6 Swiss Railway clock design
- Intel announces 64-bit Merrifield and Moorefield mobile processors, signs new agreements with Lenovo, Asus, Dell and Foxconn
- Apple agrees to sign licensing agreement with SBB for iOS 6 Swiss Railway clock design
- Nvidia And Intel Sign Chipset Agreement
- Exagan signs partnership agreement to establish GaN’s reliability for use in power electronics