|Minister of Law and Human Rights Yasonna Hamonangan Laoly. Photo: kumparan.com|
The festival, which also attracted the participation of over 20 foreign embassies and Indonesia’s Government officials, included a parade introducing local culture, and booths on partner countries’ immigration policies and cultural features.
The initiative to renew passports and quickly solve passport-related procedures was the highlight of the event.
The organizing board planned to grant 1,600 new passports during the festival. However, as of 11am, 3,000 people had registered for new passports.
Minister of Law and Human Rights Yasonna Hamonangan Laoly said that the public service in the field of immigration draws public attention. However, human resources and budget for this work remain limited and is unable to meet the increasing demand of middle-class Indonesians.
Therefore, through the festival, the ministry hopes for a closer approach to the public, he added.
- 70 students of the Vietnam had attended the Beethoven Festival
- Vietnam to attend 17th World Festival of Youth and Students
- Vietnam to attend regional film festival
- "Antigone Vietnam" to attend France's Avignon Festival
- Vietnamese Embassy in Indonesia attends 50th WIC Bazaar
- Vietnam to attend International Circus 2011
- Three million people attend Hung Kings festival
- Vietnam attends ASEAN Culture Festival 2009
- Catholics attend La Vang Festival in Quang Tri
- Local directors, actors to attend Cannes film festival