The beginning of the program was marked by the launch of the logo commemorating the anniversary year and presentation of nine introductory panels to Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam, also known as the Temple of Literature of Vietnam.
The commemorative logo, featuring Australia’s iconic Sydney Opera House and the star on the Vietnamese flag, was designed by Nguyen Viet Hung.
It was selected from 150 entries at the competition organised by the Australian Embassy in Vietnam and the Hanoi University of Industrial Fine Arts in collaboration with the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs in November 2017.
The nine introductory panels presented to the Temple of Literature provide information on the rich history and value of one of the most important historical sites in Hanoi to visitors in three different languages.
A wide variety of cultural, trade and economic events will be held during the one-year program. The highlights include the opening of the Cao Lanh Bridge and the Australian Government’s third “Taste of Australia” event.
Speaking at the ceremony, Australian Ambassador Craig Chittick noted: “Over the past 45 years our two countries have built a strong partnership which now encompasses political exchange, economic development, security cooperation and innovative collaboration”
Based on a strong foundation and building on concrete activities, particularly those in this anniversary year, Vietnam-Australia’s Enhanced Comprehensive Partnership will be further advanced in the coming time, said the Vietnamese Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Dang Dinh Quy.
- Trade cooperation a focus of Vietnam-US ties: Deputy PM
- Australia won't get Nokia's sweet 'Matrix' slide phone
- Margaret River Tragedy: 7 Dead In Suspected Murder-Suicide In Western Australia
- Nokia 6 (2018) heading to Europe this April for €279
- Domestic steel makers advised to boost material transparency
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- February 2018 security patch update arrives on the Galaxy Note 8
- France's Macron starts trip to Australia focusing on defense
- Australia launches investigation into Facebook over data scandal
- Narrowing digital divide: a focus of Vietnam