HÀ NỘI — The Việt Nam U-23 team tied with Palestine 1-1 in the friendly match held in China on Thursday.
The match was a warm-up for the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) U-23 Championship finals.
It was rainy and very cold so the two sides did not play to their best form.
Việt Nam opened the score in the 49th minute thanks to striker Hà Đức Chinh. However, Palestine levelled the score in the 67th minute.
Việt Nam are in Group D of the AFC event alongside Syria, Australia, and South Korea.
The tournament will kick off on January 9. Việt Nam will first face South Korea two days later then they will meet Australia on January 14 and Syria on January 17. — VNS
- Lexus Viet Nam recalls GX460 cars to fix airbag faults
- Viet Nam through international visitors’ eyes
- Lan Ha Bay – marine tourist magnet of Viet Nam
- Journey to Viet Nam’s southern tip
- Exploring Viet Nam’s largest natural lake
- Viet Nam’s first sand statue park attracts visitors
- Viet Nam’s spectacular beauty at Khanh Le Pass
- Co Loa – the oldest citadel in Viet Nam
- Egypt supports Viet Nam’s peaceful solution to East Sea issue
- Indonesia, Viet Nam must grow together