Hanoi (VNA) – U23 Vietnam and their coaches arrived at Noi Bai International Airport, Hanoi, on January 28 afternoon, concluding their incredible journey at the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) U23 Championship in China where they claimed the silver medal.
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam and leaders of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the Vietnam Sports Administration, the Vietnam Football Federation and the Vietnam Youth Football Training Centre joined thousands of football fans at the airport to welcome the team.
The Deputy PM congratulated the squad on their outstanding performance at the AFC U23 Championship final which took place on Changzhou, China, on January 27, and expressed his hope that they will carry forward the competition spirit.
At the airport, U23 Vietnam’s head coach Park Hang Seo thanked the Vietnamese competent agencies and football lovers for their sentiments to U23 Vietnam
A ceremony is scheduled to be held at the My Dinh National Stadium by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism to honour the footballers and their coach Park.
Vietnam became the runner-up at the AFC U23 Championship after losing 1-2 to Uzbekistan in the final in Changzhou, China, on January 27.
The team defeated Australia 1-0 in the group stage. They won over Iraq in the quarterfinals and Qatar in the semifinals with penalty shootouts. With these achievements, Vietnam became the first Southeast Asian squad to compete at the AFC U23 final- VNA
- Photos: Royal Reception as 2 Rifles Battalion return home from Iraq
- Loyalist feud charge man Glen McCullough can't return home due to safety concerns
- Rangers legend Nacho Novo returns home to Glasgow after heart attack
- Always a warm welcome for dogs at the Fox and Hounds
- International striker returns home hoping to fire Campion to glory
- Hermes the Hyndland Station Cat found and returned home after disappearing three weeks ago
- Trump warmly welcomes Australia's Turnbull to the White House
- Syrian refugees serve up a tasty way to say thank you for warm welcome to Aberdeen
- Warm welcome home for Mica after magic Olympic experience
- The nun who provides a warm welcome to Port of Sunderland