Up to 228,900 visitors arrived in Ha Noi during the New Year holiday 2018 from December 30 – January 1, up 11 percent annually, according to the municipal Department of Tourism.
Of them, 68,900 were foreigners, marking a 29 percent increase. The number of foreign tourists staying overnight in Ha Noi was estimated at 53,000, up 39 percent year-on-year.
The total revenue from tourism rose by 17 percent to 755 billion VND (33.5 million USD).
Major tourist attractions include Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam, Imperial Citadel of Thang Long, Hoan Kiem walking street, and Huong Son relic site.
Meanwhile in the central province of Thua Thien – Hue, more than 30,000 visited Hue heritage sites, including over 24,000 foreigners, said Director of the Hue Monuments Conservation Centre Phan Thanh Hai.
On January 1, the US native Allicock Stephangary aboard the Vietnam Airlines flight from Hanoi to Hue was welcomed in Phu Bai international airport as the first visitor in the province in 2018.
Last year, the centre welcomed over 3 million tourists, including more than 1.8 million foreigners, earning roughly 318 billion VND.
Nguyen Van Phuc, Deputy Director of the provincial Department of Tourism, said the province strives to lure 4-4.2 million holidaymakers in 2018, up 10-12 percent, 40-45 percent of them will be foreigners. Tourism earnings will increase by around 15 percent to 4.2-4.3 trillion VND.
The province plans to hold a series of cultural, art and sports activities to attract visitors, expand new tourism markets via partnering with airlines and twinning localities, and offer famtrip and presstrip to foreign travelling and press agencies from major markets in Europe, the Republic of Korea, Japan, Southeast Asia, North America and Australia, he said.
- China Box Office: 'Journey to the West' Dominates During New Year Holidays
- Happy New Year from Space! Astronauts Ring in 2019 from Orbit
- China greets lunar new year with celebrations, travel rush
- Amazon Is Back With Another Bunch Of Appstore Freebies For New Year's Eve: 33 Apps And Games, $110 Value
- How to get a free or discounted ride on New Year’s Eve
- Who Delivers On New Year's Day? Hours For UPS, FedEx, Amazon
- American New Year’s Eve: 360 Million Glasses of Champagne, Babysitters Rake in $17 an Hour
- Things to do between Christmas and New Year's Eve
- New Year’s Celebrations Across Europe Marred by Violence
- Raúl Castro’s New Year’s Speech: U.S. ‘Blames Cuba for All the Ills of the Region’