It’s a quarter of the way through Donald Trump’s presidential term – long enough to judge his performance so far.There have been promises kept, promises broken and promises ignored. But how much have his policies changed things?A business tycoon with no political experience, he said he came to Washington to make waves. Has he succeeded?ImmigrationThe Trump administration tackled the immigration issue pretty much right out of the gate, with its ill-fated executive order closing the US border to entrants from a handful of majority-Muslim nations. Implementation of that effort led to chaos at US airports and a quick suspension at the hands of US courts. Since then, the White House has rolled out two new border orders, adding a few countries to the banned list and removing one (Sudan). The latest measures have, at least so far, largely withstood legal challenge.Immigration enforcement has also been ramped up – 143,470 arrests for violations for the year ending in October – a 30% increase.Mr Trump also announced an end to the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (Daca) programme, which granted normalised residency status to roughly 700,000 undocumented immigrants who entered the US when they were young. The order has been temporarily… Read full this story
- Trump changes course, approves California relief for 6 fires
- Why Mexico's President might want Trump re-elected
- Has Trump Remade America's Priorities in Central Asia?
- Donald Trump Defies ‘Cancel Culture’ in North Carolina: Fort Bragg Name Stays
- The 'free market' manifesto that broke America and led to Trumpism
- Donald Trump's anti-immigration rhetoric leaves migrants in limbo at US-Mexico border
- Macron Takes Not-So-Subtle Shots at Trump in Speech to Congress
- America Last: How Trump Torpedoed the U.S. International Standing
- How Fox News and Trump’s Lackeys Are Justifying Family Separation
- Trump's family joins him on stage for freezing Wisconsin rally as he warns crowd the left will 'loot and rob when he beats the weak, fragile Biden'
Ten ways Trump has changed America have 312 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at January 12, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.