How much reliance on pop culture and nostalgia is too much? Thanks to a new featurette for the upcoming movie Ready Player One, that’s a question that may have an answer.In Ready Player One, people escape from the overcrowded world of the future into a virtual reality landscape filled with their favorite characters and moments from throughout pop culture. As a movie, that lets characters like the Iron Giant and Freddy Krueger battle it out, while players race against the Back to the Future DeLorean, while King Kong destroys a city skyline.For just about anyone who grew up in the 1980s or 1990s, the endless possibilities sound like a dream come true. As the three new teasers for the film below show, though, the fictional world created by the movie and Ernest Cline novel may be closer to reality than you realize.”I suddenly saw a future that Ernest Cline, the writer of the book, envisions. It wasn’t that far away from what I think is going to happen someday,” director Steven Spielberg says in one featurette. “There’s a dystopian society and the fabric of our economy is crumbling. It’s a good time to escape, so virtual reality will be a… Read full this story
- Julia Bradbury says giving birth to twin girls is 'dream come true'
- AFL and AFLW players vote for season to go ahead as planned for round 1
- Coping With COVID-19 Crisis: ‘Come From Away’ Producers Sue Frost & Randy Adams Talk Shutdown, Salaries & Where Broadway Goes From Here
- Indiana Jones 5 & West Side Story Are Next for Spielberg
- Steven Spielberg's adopted daughter Mikaela, 23, comes out as a PORN STAR, revealing her dad is in complete support of her - as she opens up about being 'groomed and abused' as a child
- Steve Wendel on techniques to be calm in the face of a meltdown
- Bindi Irwin Celebrates Her Father Steve's Legacy Nearly 10 Years After His Death – and Reveals She Sees a Lot of Him in Herself
- Why Warriors aren’t testing asymptomatic players for coronavirus
- Poland to be ready for Olympic Games in 2021, says coach Vital Heynen
- Trae Young picks his top five players of all time
Steve Spielberg Thinks Ready Player One Could Come True have 357 words, post on www.gamespot.com at January 23, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.