The two Prime Ministers expressed delight at the development of bilateral ties across the fields of politics-diplomacy, investment, trade, security-defense and judicial matters.
They noted that bilateral trade value grew 20 percent in 2017 to reach USD 15 billion.
|Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (L) and his Thai counterpart Prayut Chan-o-cha meet on the sidelines of the 2nd Mekong-Lancang Cooperation (MLC) Leaders’ Meeting.|
The two sides also coordinated closely at regional and international forums such as ASEAN, APEC and GMS.
PM Phuc hailed Thailand’s contributions to promoting cooperation in the Mekong sub-region and in the MLC framework, and asked Thailand to bring into play its role in ensuring water resource security and sustainable use of Mekong water resource.
The Thai PM said Thailand is ready to work with Vietnam in organizing the summit of the Greater Mekong Sub-region in March.
Discussing measures to further expand the bilateral partnership, PM Phuc requested that Thailand create more favorable conditions for Vietnamese goods to enter its market.
Phuc took the occasion to thank the Thai Government for creating conditions for the Vietnamese community in Thailand to settle down and contribute to Thailand’s socio-economic development as well as serve as a bridge for Vietnam-Thailand friendship.
On the evening of January 10, PM Phuc and the Vietnamese delegation left Phnom Penh for home, concluding his trip to Cambodia to attend the 2nd Mekong-Lancang Cooperation (MLC) Leaders’ Meeting at the invitation of Cambodian PM Samdech Techo Hun Sen.
- Vietnam state oil firm boss Nguyen Xuan Son faces death penalty for embezzlement
- Protesters near Bangkok force interim Thai PM Niwatthamrong to flee meeting
- Nguyen Encouraged by Team's Resilience
- Plans to repatriate Burmese refugees raise alarm among Thai rights groups
- MH370 questions as 'plane wreckage' turns up off Thai coast
- Israeli PM convenes Cabinet in West Bank ahead of election
- Meeting of the autocrats: Lukashenko hosts Erdogan
- Meet Rocky the three-legged dog at Houston Humane
- Pet with Potential: Meet Lola
- Pets with Potential: Meet Bernie and Sanders