The objectives of the scheme are to organise the effective implementation of medium-term public investment plans associated with medium-term financial plans and the plans for borrowing and repaying public debts; strive towards an annual public investment disbursement rate of over 90%; and continue to renovate and improve public investment management institutions, as well as improving the efficiency and sustainability of public investment.
Also, efforts will be made to facilitate the attraction, management and effective use of development investment resources in the direction of accelerating the socialism of investment and expanding forms of investment.
Accordingly, the restructuring of public investment in the 2017-2020 period and directions towards 2025 will focus on the pivotal sectors and fields of the economy, in addition to the key projects that will have huge spillover effects and create momentum for the country’s socio-economic development. Besides, the scheme will work to make breakthroughs in drawing investment capital from the private sector, both at home and abroad, in the form of public-private partnerships (PPP).
Specifically, State budget capital and Government bonds will be used to finalise and accelerate the implementation progress of national target programmes and key national projects, with priority given to mountainous and ethnic minority regions, the areas which are regularly hit by natural disasters and other disadvantaged localities.
Official development assistance (ODA) capital and preferential loans from foreign donors will be prioritised for the construction of key socio-economic infrastructure facilities, agricultural and rural area development, and the finalisation of modern market economy institutions that suit international practices and meet the requirements for extensive international economic integration.
- China’s NDRC Delegates Powers to Lower Levels to Approve Overseas Investment Projects
- Tardy public investment disbursement slows down growth: PM
- Judge plans to take plea in case over $3M investment-fraud scheme, his lawyer says
- Russian PM approves construction for part of Europe-China highway
- SEC Approves Public Company Accounting Oversight Board "PCAOB" Auditing Standard No. 16, Communications with Audit Committees
- W. Va. Lawmakers Approve Public Funding of Supreme Court Elections
- Centro Properties Group Reorganizes: One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Australian Restructurings
- Legislative Trial Balloon for Puerto Rico Public Corporation Insolvency Process Attracts Bondholder Attention
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc says hosting DPRK-US Summit was big success for Vietnam
- Public debt a tricky issue