Says tax rates on personal income will also be lowered; refrains from discussing economy in depth 0SHARES Share Tweet Email Says tax rates on personal income will also be lowered; refrains from discussing economy in depth. PHOTO: REUTERS ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi announced on Wednesday that a one-time tax amnesty scheme on offshore assets will be offered to Pakistanis, while also saying that tax rates on personal income will be lowered amid his disapproval of the Federal Board of Revenue’s (FBR) performance. The premier’s dissatisfaction was not only limited to the tax machinery, as Abbasi also refrained from talking confidently about overall economic performance. However, the premier was more than upbeat as he discussed the government’s performance on issues of tackling the law and order situation and the energy crisis. The premier was addressing the Pakistan Economic Forum, organised by the Pakistan Business Council (PBC) – an advocacy body of the largest conglomerates of the country. The PBC pushed forward a tax reforms agenda, which was originally conceived by the Tax Reforms Commission. Tax amnesty: Law on the anvil to protect owners of offshore assets “We will give a one-time tax amnesty scheme,” announced the PM in his address… Read full this story
- Cabinet amends Partial Credit Guarantee Scheme
- Big Spending, Pro-Amnesty Boris: Brexit Aside, What Kind of ‘Conservative’ Will PM Johnson Be?
- No 10 tight-lipped as queries persist over offshore fund of Ian Cameron
- 4 stocks that will benefit most from changes in partial credit guarantee scheme
- Can the credit guarantee scheme instil new lease of life into NBFCs?
- Cabinet clears changes to Partial Credit Guarantee Scheme
- Govt working on suggestions to create Rs 5k cr stressed asset fund: Secretary MSME Arun Kumar Panda
- Is building the Snowy Hydro scheme the smartest thing Australia ever did?
- Scott Morrison’s First Home Loan Deposit Scheme will launch on January 1
- Opinion | UDAY Scheme: It's high time state governments said 'let there be light'
PM announces one-time amnesty scheme on offshore assets have 325 words, post on tribune.com.pk at January 17, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.