Launched in 1999, the program has received a strong response from the public. Over the past 5 years, the Society has raised 148 million USD in cash and kind for the needy to help them enjoy a happy Lunar New Year Festival.
President Tran Dai Quang praised the Society’s initiative and achievements, saying that the Vietnamese Party and State consider humanitarian work an important task.
“The Vietnam Red Cross Society needs to continue reforming its operation and build a stronger organization to play a core role in humanitarian work for disadvantaged people particularly in remote, mountainous, and island areas. More programs and movements should be launched to help needy people, contributing to Vietnam’s welfare policy and International Red Cross and Red Crescent activities,” Mr. Quang noted.
- Look up on New Year's Day: Stunning 'Wolf Moon' supermoon set to mesmerize sky-gazers on January 1st
- Tree planting - a traditional custom in Lunar New Year festival
- M&S New Year’s Day opening hours – what time is the supermarket open on January 1?
- Waitrose New Year’s Day opening hours – what time is the supermarket open on January 1?
- Lidl New Year’s Day opening times – what hours are supermarkets open on January 1?
- Asda New Year’s Day opening hours – what times are stores open on January 1?
- NASA's New Horizons spacecraft will ring in the New Year with historic flyby of the most distant target ever explored
- FOUR BILLION miles from Earth! NASA rings in the new year with a record-breaking flyby of the farthest and most primitive object humankind has EVER visited
- 'Mom, status is green': NASA scientists celebrate as New Horizons probe phones home to confirm record-breaking New Year's Eve flyby of the farthest and most primitive object humankind has EVER visited
- Aldi New Year’s Day opening hours – what time is the supermarket open on January 1?