North Korea has canceled plans to send a delegation headed by the leader of an all-female Western-style band to the South this weekend to prepare cultural performances during the Olympics, Seoul’s Yonhap news agency said Friday. Hyon Song-Wol, reportedly an ex-girlfriend of leader Kim Jong-Un, would have been the first North Korean official to visit the South in four years, if Saturday’s trip had gone ahead. But Pyongyang told Seoul it had suspended the plan to send a seven-member advance team to inspect venues for proposed art performances in Seoul and the eastern city of Gangneung in connection with the Pyeongchang Games, Yonhap reported, citing the South’s Unification Ministry. No reason was given for the change of plan, the ministry said, and it was not immediately clear whether the visit was permanently canceled or postponed. The nuclear-armed North agreed last week to participate in the Olympics, which will take place just 80 kilometers (50 miles) south of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) that divides the peninsula, easing tensions over its banned weapons programs. The two countries also agreed that the South would host two performances by the Samjiyon Orchestra, the first of their kind since 2002, when Pyongyang sent a cohort… Read full this story
- Ex-Baylor coach Art Briles visits UH practice
- Brazilian Islamist militant plotted terror attack against French delegation at Rio Olympics, official says
- North Korean delegation visits Manila ahead of regional security meeting
- Mattis praises China's efforts on North Korea, dials up pressure on South China Sea
- 4 new reasons to visit South Beach, Miami right now
- North Korea claims exercises by US & South Korea will lead to 'nuclear disaster'
- High-ranking North Korea military officer flees to South
- North Korea vows to execute ousted South Korean president 'any time, at any place'
- While world watches North Korea, China builds in the South China Sea
- London mayor urges UK’s May to cancel Trump state visit
N. Korea cancels arts delegation visit to South before Olympics have 309 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 19, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.