|20 remains of fallen soldiers have been found by the joint force since January 6, 2018|
With the newly-gathered remains, the joint force has found 20 remains since January 6.
According to local war veterans, the fallen soldiers belonged to Divisions 304, 312, 308 and 325 and sacrificed their lives in the struggle of Quang Tri province’s people and troops against American invaders.
The remains were found in Tan My village and taken to the Hai Le Communal Memorial House for Fallen Soldiers.
The fallen soldiers would later rest in peace at Quang Tri town’s War Cemetery.
In the afternoon the same day, on behalf of the provincial Military Command’s Party Committee, Senior Colonel Hoang Huu Hong, Deputy-Political Commissar of the command paid homage and offered incense to the fallen soldiers as well as encouraged the search team. He asked the team to further cooperate with related agencies to find more remains of fallen soldiers in the area.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Drew Brees does pushups with daughter strapped to his back for fallen soldiers
- Freeway honoring soldier won’t be renamed after MLB player
- American men's life expectancy has fallen for three years in row driven by deadly drug overdoses - but women's lifespans hold steady, report reveals
- Ziegler, D-backs pay another tribute to fallen Hot Shots
- Spring Training to the Troops a hit for girls, soldiers, families
- WWII skiers-turned-soldiers meet servicemen slope side
- HDM: Wounded soldier Qualy: ‘Hockey is my rehab’
- Price remains confident Reds will improve
- Heat donations help returning soldiers transition into coaching
- Heat helping returning soldiers transition into coaching