The Nam Du archipelago (Photo: baodulich.net.vn)
Specifically, the Nam Du archipelago includes 21 islands covering An Son and Nam Du communes with a total area of 901.02 hectares, while Lai Son is the biggest island among 23 of Kien Hai island district with a total area of 1,082.9 hectares. The Hai Tac archipelago comprises 18 islands with a total area of 251.48 hectares.
The recognition of the local tourist areas will facilitate the attraction of domestic and foreign tourists, as well as calling investment in landscapes with sea and island tourism potential, contributing to raising income for local residents.
The provincial People’s Committee assigned the Department of Tourism and the People’s Committee of Kien Hai district and Ha Tien commune to study and advise to consider and make decisions on suitable mechanisms and policies to boost sustainable tourism development.
In 2018, Kien Giang strives to greet 7.1 million tourist arrivals, a 16.8% rise over a year earlier, of which 430,000 will be foreigners, a year-on-year increase of 16.7%; grossing a revenue of VND5.9 trillion, up 28.8%./.
- Kien Giang to Host National Tourism Year 2016
- Country to give priority to promote beaches-islands tourism
- Kien Giang Drives towards Sustainable Tourism
- Phu Quoc - Kien Giang: An International-standard Tourism Centre
- Reviving Eco-tourism Potential of Southern Kien Giang Province
- Kien Giang increases investments in transport infrastructure
- Kien Giang vows to provide best conditions for investors
- Kien Giang invites investment in key tourism regions
- Miss Sea Vietnam Global 2018 to be held in Kien Giang