The projects are in tourism, environment, agro-forestry and fishery raising and processing, industry, industrial park technical infrastructure, housing and urban development.
At the event, delegates from Consulates General of India and Italy in Ho Chi Minh City, and domestic and foreign investors were updated information on the locality’s potential and strengths for economic development, as well as its policies on investment attraction, especially in tourism, agriculture development, industry and mining.
Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Pham Vu Hong said the local authority has focused on implementing strategic breakthroughs and promoting economic restructuring in connection with renewing growth model.
Many measures have been taken to improve local competitiveness and investment climate, thus making it easy for enterprises’ production and business, he added.
Kien Giang’s priority fields for investment include hi-tech agriculture, agro-aquaculture-forestry sector, food and consumer goods production; mechanical and support industry, textiles and footwear; tourism, and waste treatment.
Enterprises’ representatives at the event signed commitments with Kien Giang province to invest in projects in agriculture, industry, environment, and energy with a total investment of VND7.95 trillion (US$353.7 million).
Chairman Hong affirmed that Kien Giang will create best possible conditions for enterprises to implement the projects, thus ensuring the locality’s sustainable development in the future.
- Kien Giang to host investment promotion conference
- 100+ projects for a brighter future
- Investors to pour $1.77b into Kien Giang
- New Opportunities for Investors in Kien Giang Province
- Kien Giang demands Phu Quoc dredging stop
- Kien Giang Industrial Parks, Economic Zones Greatly Contributing to Provincial Social-Economic Development
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 1/8
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 14/6
- Attracting Investments in Areas of Comparative Advantages