Hanoi (VNA) – The Ministry of Justice and the Vietnam Women’s Union (VWU) willjoin hands to offer legal assistance and education for women during 2018-2022.
Tothis effect, a coordination programme was inked in Hanoi on January 5, aimingto ensure women’s access to legal information, while improving the quality andeffectiveness of including gender equality in law making, particularlywomen-related laws.
VWUPresident Nguyen Thi Thu Ha expressed her hope that her organisation will continuereceiving close collaboration of the ministry in ensuring legal assistance forwomen, thus enhancing their position and capability in conciliation atgrassroots level and inclusion of gender equality in law making.
Ministerof Justice Le Thanh Long believed that the two bodies will better implementtheir assigned tasks, while helping their female staff in particular and womenin general well perform their roles in the society and their families.
Theprogramme is also expected to address the prejudice against women, preventsocial misbehaviors, and strictly handle violence against women and womentrafficking and abusing.
Underthe programme, the two sides will propose practical measures to popularise andenforce the Constitution as well as newly issued laws and ordinances.
Theywill develop a network of legal consultants to help disadvantaged women andorganise training sessions for their female staff, while monitoring enforcementof relevant laws and policies.-VNA
- Joint efforts called to boost women’s leadership rate to 50 percent
- VN, RoK issue joint statement
- Vietnam actively joins efforts in promoting human rights
- Bản in : Vietnam actively joins efforts in promoting human rights
- Nigeria: Gender Equality, Women Empowerment Are Philanthropic Foundations' Priorities in Nigeria
- Joint Communique of 52nd ASEAN Foreign Ministers' Meeting
- Good2bSocial and the Legal Marketing Association Announce Digital Marketing Survey Results
- UN Women continues to assist Viet Nam to eliminate of discrimination against women and girls
- Joint communique of 43rd ASEAN Foreign Ministers Meeting