HCM CITY – HCM City plans to improve its administrative procedures by using smartphone apps for tracking citizens’ submissions and forming working groups, according to Trần Vĩnh Tuyến, deputy chairman of HCM City People’s Committee.
In a meeting on improving administrative procedures held on Tuesday (Jan 9), Tuyến said the city should focus on developing apps that could help people and businesses keep track of procedures more easily, as opposed to relying on the government website and other traditional means.
In a related matter, the city has formed interdisciplinary working groups to deal with investment proposals and projects more efficiently.
The meeting reviewed administrative reform in 2017 and its accomplishments, such as speeding up procedures for services like business registration and building certificates in addition to the use of more electronic documents rather than paper, which has saved the city billions of đồng.
Several outstanding administrative units received awards at the meeting.
However, Tuyến noted that in 2017 around eight per cent of the city’s administrative units still did not have plans to improve administrative procedures.
He said that such units need to improve their services this year, including dealing with applications more thoroughly by keeping applicants informed and processing applications more quickly, and listening to people’s feedback.
As for administrative reform, the city targets reaching a satisfactory level of 90 per cent, and completing more than 90 per cent of submitted applications on time. – VNS
- HCM City continues with e-government measures
- HCM City’s GRDP grows 7.64 percent in first quarter
- HCM City, Japan boost cooperation in administrative reform
- Administrative Procedures Simpler in HCM City
- HCM City reports economic expansion in first seven months
- Private businesses in HCM City develop steadily
- FDI firms contribute ideas to promote growth in HCM City
- Bản in : Foreign direct investment in HCM City drops
- HCM City forges stronger future growth