As Asia’s first and only meta search engine for insurance and banking products, GoBear has shown tremendous growth in under 3 years with presence in 6 countries, helping over 15 million users and featuring more than 1,200 products.
The GoBear Code Unit based in Vietnam will be responsible for building GoBear’s next generation application code. This includes branching out into newer technologies like Microservices, Serverless Code Execution, Schemaless Databases, AI and In-memory grid computing.
“In line with our strategy, to continuously improve our product offering, we are expanding our in-house software development team. The expansion of this team is an integral part of our continuous growth and the need to ensure our platform achieves optimal performance while developing new technologies for our business.”, Ivonne Bojoh, CXO & Co-founder.
Ivonne adds, “Vietnam was chosen for various reasons to set-up are primary team. The fact that software development is an encouraged sector in Vietnam, reflects the country’s potential and ambition to further strengthen their tech community.”.
True to the start-up culture of GoBear, the GoBear Code Unit will be located in co-working space The Hive Saigon in HCMC’s District 2. Developers will have the choice between hugging a couch, working in the GCU studio or hot-desking when they feel the need to switch-up their environments. GoBear will also actively contribute to the tech community by hosting regular meet-ups and organising events.
Stephan February, GoBear’s Technical Director, will head up this new team, in addition to his current team in Singapore. As a practicing software developer for more than 20 years, he has experience in a broad range of technologies from Linux and Unix to Windows, and in systems administration, systems architecture, network architecture, as well as software development.
“We are building a team of front-end, back-end and full-stack developers. We seek individuals who are serious about code craftsmanship and have an always-be-learning approach to our fast-paced industry.”, says Stephan February.
Positions open for applications are:
(Microservices, REST, GraphQL, RDBMS, NoSQL, Unix/Linux)
(Good mix of Front-end and Back-end experience, along with strong leadership qualities)
Applicants can submit their resumes to [email protected]
- New BMW M5 Spied In Motion, Production To Start February 2018
- Arturo Vidal rules out Chelsea transfer but leaves the door open for Manchester United
- The tiny islands that could explode the China-Vietnam relationship
- Vietnam faces challenges in fight against HIV/AIDS
- Vietnam assumes ASEAN Chair
- Inside the States With One Abortion Clinic: Kentucky Fights for Its Last Provider in 2018
- Regional conference discusses anti-corruption in infrastructure projects
- Vietnam Culture Week kicks off in Laos
- Government to continue facilitating US firms’ operation in Vietnam: Deputy PM
- Vietnam, Laos seek to boost trade by 10-15 percent