Bangkok (VNA) – Former Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, whofled the country to avoid being imprisoned over a rice subsidy scheme, has beenin London, Thai Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai confirmed on January 9.
Hisaffirmation came after several photographs purporting to be of Yingluck werewidely shared on social media.
He toldreporters that one UK minister had informed Thai authorities that Yingluck hasbeen in the UK since September 2017.
The Thaigovernment has not made a decision on whether to ask Britain to extraditeYingluck, he added.
Yingluck wassentenced in September in her absence to five years in prison for mismanagingthe rice scheme.-VNA
- Former Thai PM Yingluck breaks silence months after fleeing country
- Former Thai PM Yingluck granted 10-year UK visa: Report
- Thai PM Prayut tells Thaksin, others in self-exile to return and have their day in court
- Louis Vuitton scarf in London lands Thai PM Prayut in the soup
- Cambodian man arrested for releasing fake news about Thai PM
- Former Thai PM Chuan Leekpai dashes hope of him following Mahathir's footstep
- Thai PM visits cave where boys' football team feared trapped
- PM Mahathir confirms Malaysia issued arrest warrant for Jho Low
- Thaksin, Yingluck enjoying their |tour of the US
- EC investigating Thaksin’s call to Pheu Thai politicians