BÌNH DƯƠNG — Fire destroyed a child English centre and a separate kindergarten in Bình Dương Province Monday morning, forcing dozens of teachers and children to evacuate. No one was hurt.
The fire also burned down several houses, but again, no injuries were reported.
The fire reportedly started in a scrap yard in a neighbouring shoe-sole maker in Lê Thị Trung Street in Thuận An Town at about 9.15 am.
Nearby residents noticed the smoke and tried to use water and fire extinguishers to put out the blaze, but failed. The flames quickly spread to the English centre and a kindergarten. Smoke rose hundreds of metres into the air.
Dozens of children at the centre ran from the classes aided by their teachers.
Firefighters managed to contain the fire at noon after hours fighting heavy winds that fanned the flames.
Police are investigating the cause of the incident. — VNS
- World Trade Centre in Binh Duong helps connect enterprises
- Scholarships presented to poor students in Binh Duong
- Binh Duong boosts external relations, international integration
- Binh Duong to promote IT application in administrative reform
- Binh Duong attracts $2.4b in FDI
- Expert talk about Binh Duong's FDI
- Binh Duong is a magnet for foreign investors
- Binh Duong selected as part of intelligent world community in 2019
- Binh Duong New City thrumming with activity
- Binh Duong selected to host 20th World Technopolis Association