The world of information technology has come into farming in the central region. Nguyễn Quốc Phong has brought those skills with him to farm in a way that soil is not used to grow crops. Rather, crops are fed water with special food for plants in the liquid. Farmers can use their smart phones to tell them when it is time to water their plants that are grown in this way. By Hoài Nam After working with the military-run telecom group Viettel for seven years, Nguyễn Quốc Phong decided he wanted to do something else. The 33-year-old man from Núi Thành District in Quảng Nam Province has since used his IT know-how and experience to study and promote hydroponic farming, launching a startup of his own. Hydroponics is a subset of hydroculture, the method of growing plants without soil, using mineral nutrient solutions in a water solvent. Terrestrial plants may be grown with only their roots exposed to the mineral solution, or the roots may be supported by an inert medium, such as perlite or gravel. (Wikipedia) Phong surfed the internet for information and solutions, found suppliers in the Netherlands and Israel, imported materials and quality fertilizers and seeds. “It’s not… Read full this story
- Across China: Smart farming takes root in Chinese agricultural province
- West by Carys Davies review – stunning debut novel from a short-story writer
- How much water is in a steak?
- Profile: Trimble - the hard man of peace
- Richest Indian, Mukesh Ambani, challenges richest man, Jeff Bezos
- Congo: On the campaign trail in an African war zone
- A path-breaker for the release of other Angola inmates, John Esteen isn't home just yet
- A laboratory for refugee politics: inside Passau, the 'German Lampedusa'
- While I spend too much time scrolling through Twitter, the real story is happening right in front of me
- Victoria to use AI to detect heart attacks on emergency calls
Farming with phones and without soil have 317 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 14, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.