At a recent conference on wind power in Vietnam, titled “Investment and Wind Profits” organized by the Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam in cooperation with Vestas, the largest wind turbine company in the world, Danish Ambassador to Vietnam Charlotte Laursen said Denmark and Vietnam have cooperated for many years on energy development. Denmark will support Vietnam in long-term planning of a green transition of its energy system, she added.Denmark, a world leader in wind power development, is committed to supporting Vietnam in advancing wind power trade and production, as well as orientations for the building and management of wind power plants, she said.Clive Turton, chairman of the Vestas sales unit for the Asia-Pacific region, said Vietnam is the second fastest growing economy in ASEAN and holds huge potential for wind power development, with a long coastline and abundant wind resources. The country’s total wind power capacity could reach 30GW.The potential for wind power is concentrated in the coastal provinces from Quang Ngai to Binh Thuan. However, this potential has yet to be fully tapped, as only four commercially viable projects with total installed capacity of 159MW have been implemented.“Vestas is ready to help Vietnam become a leader in wind energy…. Read full this story
- Vietnam welcomes ASEAN chair status
- We will have wind in our sails, insists Greg Laidlaw
- Sports Mountain biking gets new home in Vietnam Trashpacking in Vietnam – a growing trend
- Denmark in focus
- Sports Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football Hanoi, Da Nang to tighten management of pets
- Sports Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football Authorities unveil plan to turn Da Lat into smart city
- Sports Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football Organ donor’s death brings new life to five others in Vietnam
- Sports Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football Look out, 2019!
- Sports Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football 2018 – the year that was in Tuoi Tre photos
- Sports Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football First tropical storm of 2019 threatens southern Vietnam
Denmark putting wind in Vietnam’s sails have 346 words, post on ven.vn at January 5, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.