The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) has announced a replacement for outgoing CEO Ian Narev, promoting retail banking services group executive Matt Comyn to fill the top spot.According to the bank, the 42-year-old male boasts the “best mix of attributes and values” needed to lead CBA.”Matt has gained respect across the banking sector both in Australia and globally. His track record is one of delivering very strong business performance, as well as a range of innovative, sustainable business improvements that have strengthened customer outcomes,” CBA chairwoman Catherine Livingstone said in a statement on Monday.Comyn has been with the bank since 1999, leaving briefly in 2010 to undertake a six-month stint as CEO at US financial services company Morgan Stanley Smith Barney. He was promoted to the retail banking executive position in 2012.”It is important that we maintain the momentum underway, upgrading and strengthening our governance, accountability, and risk management, while delivering strong financial performance,” the incoming CEO said. “We are in a period of significant technology and competitive change, and I look forward to ensuring we remain at the forefront of technology, innovation, and a great customer experience.”As retail banking boss, Comyn is credited as boosting the bank’s active digital… Read full this story
- Credit card shame: Roofer is saddled with 138 years worth of debt on a $70K salary despite pleading with Commonwealth Bank not to give him any more money because he was a 'problem gambler'
- UPDATE 1-Australia retailers enjoy bumper sales in July, outlook gloomy
- Commercialisation of Aussie big bank-backed IBM blockchain guarantee platform Lygon
- Central bank test of digital currency set to expand
- High street bank names every branch that will be stocking the new £20 note today
- AO launches big Bank Holiday sale – including £150 off Shark Cordless Vacuum cleaner
- Of 27 Test wins, the No.1 ranking and an underwhelming batting average
- CBA slapped with a court-enforceable undertaking after loss of data on 20m customers
- Burberry faces upheaval as chairman signals departure
- Tech apparently the solution to stop harassment on NSW public transport
Commonwealth Bank retail banking exec to replace Narev have 328 words, post on www.zdnet.com at January 28, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.