Pyeongchang Winter Olympics organisers are entering their final preparations with renewed confidence after neighbouring North Korea ended months of speculation by confirming its attendance, immediately easing fears over security and ticket sales. Members of the South Korean air force Black Eagle aerobatic team perform above the ski jump venue of the Pyeongchang 2018 winter Olympics, on January 10, 2018 With one month to go, the outlook is suddenly much brighter for the “Peace Olympics”, which had been rocked by the drugs ban on Russia’s team and concerns over potential disruption by the nuclear-armed North.North Korea, which boycotted the 1988 Seoul Summer Games, this week agreed to attend its first Olympics in the South, during talks which defused soaring tensions over its nuclear programme and missile tests.France, Germany and Austria had all voiced fears about competing in Pyeongchang during the stand-off with North Korea, which lies just 80 kilometres (50 miles) away from the Olympic site across a heavily fortified border.”Security concerns over the North’s nuclear threats during the Pyeongchang Olympics have evaporated at a stroke,” Park Sung-Bae, a sports industry expert from South Korea’s Hanyang University, told AFP.”No one would now think the North could lob nuclear bombs over the… Read full this story
- North Korea - Here Comes Jesus!
- What to See on Your Holidays in North Korea
- Olympic Facts - Female Athletes
- Olympic Facts - 2008 Olympic Football Tournament
- Interesting Facts About Olympic Nations - The People's Republic of China
- Interesting Facts About Olympic Nations - Romania
- Convicted in a North Korean Jail
- Olympic Facts - Beijing 2008
- Going For the Gold - The 2008 Olympic Games IPv6 Use Scores China a Perfect "10.0"
- Olympic Baseball 2008
Clouds lift as North Korea boosts Pyeongchang Olympics have 269 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 11, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.