China’s top newspaper, decrying Washington as a trouble-maker, said on Monday U.S. moves in the South China Sea like last week’s freedom of navigation operation will only cause China to strengthen its deployments in the disputed waterway. China’s foreign ministry said the USS Hopper, a destroyer, came within 12 nautical miles of Huangyan island, which is better known as the Scarborough Shoal and is subject to a rival claim by the Philippines, a historic ally of the United States. It was the latest U.S. naval operation challenging extensive Chinese claims in the South China Sea and came even as President Donald Trump’s administration seeks Chinese cooperation in dealing with North Korea’s missile and nuclear programmes. The ruling Communist Party’s official People’s Daily said in a commentary that, with the situation generally improving in the South China Sea, it was clear that the United States was the one militarising the region. “Against this backdrop of peace and cooperation, a U.S. ship wantonly provoking trouble is singleminded to the point of recklessness,” the paper said. “If the relevant party once more makes trouble out of nothing and causes tensions, then it will only cause China to reach this conclusion: in order to… Read full this story
- U.S. sends two nuclear-capable B-2 bombers to South Korea for military drills
- Probers of Ivanka Trump brands in China arrested, missing
- China plans to launch national cap-and-trade system to limit greenhouse gases
- Economic growth sows unhappiness in China, especially among the poor: report
- China to have more skyscrapers than the US in five years
- Air Force says B-1B bomber crashes in Montana, four crew members survive
- B and H Photo discriminated against us, say 2 Hispanic employees in lawsuit
- Massive wildfire forces prison evacuation in Colorado
- To mark 20th anniversary of O.J. Simpson case, CBS looks at the South African 'Trial of the Century'
- Air Force Cracking Down on Christians
China's top paper says US forcing China to accelerate South China Sea deployments have 316 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 21, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.