Viet Nam NewsHÀ NỘI — President Trần Đại Quang said on Thursday that together with other inter-parliamentary groups, the Asia-Pacific Parliamentary Forum could help promote world development that originated in Asia and the Pacific. “In the past 25 years, APPF has witnessed turning points in the world and was also part of the process,” Quang said. He said the APPF had helped make the Asia Pacific an innovation hub that was a pioneer in developing technology industries, new energy, trade and investment, and this had benefited hundreds of millions of people, he said. The forum, which enables parliamentarians to discuss issues of common concern, began its twenty sixth session in Hà Nội on Thursday. Vietnamese National Assembly leader Nguyễn Thị Kim Ngân told the meeting that parliamentary diplomacy in the Asia-Pacific area had been promoted by the active engagement of parliamentarians at inter-parliamentary meetings, delegates from Việt Nam and world organisations. She said the forum would promote friendship, combat terrorism and other trans-boundary crimes, and expand trade, investment, prosperity and sustainable development revolving around the agenda of APEC Summit. She said it would also address regional co-operation on climate change and other new challenges. “The 21st century has witnessed the vigorous development of globalisation, digital… Read full this story
- Will South China Sea Dispute Lead to World War?
- Xi Jinping: has China’s strongman forgotten the perils of power?
- Asia Today: India to survey 29 million New Delhi residents
- Mary Jane Veloso: Why was she spared in the Indonesian executions?
- LGBT Activists in China Seek to Change Marriage Civil Code
- US v China: is this the start of a new cold war?
- South Korean politician steps down after rape accusations
- Secular Blogger Hacked to Death in Bangladesh
- Militants Suspected in Death of Bangladesh Blogger
- Kuehne+Nagel launches road logistics platform eTrucknow in India
Asia Pacific can lead world: President have 301 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 18, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.