After the Meeting of Women Parliamentarians, which was held on the first working day of the APPF-26, Vice Chairman of the Russian State Duma Olga N. Epifanova said she fully backs Vietnam’s incorporation of women empowerment and gender equality into this annual meeting’s agenda. Stephenie Ritland, Attorney Advisor Federated States of Micronesia, also applauded the theme. “I think it is a very important topic”, Ritland told reporters. “We currently don´t have any female parliamentarian in our congress […] I think it´s fantastic (that Vietnam has a female NA leader) as it sets a great global example. Vietnam is taking great steps moving forwards,” Ritland said. Delegates to the Meeting of Women Parliamentarians of the 26th Annual Meeting of the Asia-Pacific Parliamentary Forum (APPF-26) She also spoke highly of Japan’s recommendations for the amendment to the APPF rules that are ‘very significant’ to promoting gender equality. This year, the Japanese delegation brings to the APPF meeting a proposal that seeks to amend the APPF Rules of Procedure, allowing the Meeting of Women Parliamentarians to become a permanent feature of the event. “This is the first attempt to do that. Though we come from different countries, we share common issues when it… Read full this story
- UN WOMEN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: It’s up to CEOs to drive gender equality in the workforce — they shouldn’t delegate
- PH climbs 2 notches to #7 in global gender equality
- Gay Pride Parade, a gender equality statement for SBMA
- I attended the Women’s March on Washington, and discovered it was about much more than gender equality
- Overseas employment: Great gender equalizer?
- 2017 IWD: Achieving gender equality in the world of work
- PH, NZ lead Asia-Pacific in gender equality
- Philippines still tops in gender equality in Asia but falls 3 notches in world ranking
- Pinoy transgender is the new face of global drive for gender equality
- AMOSUP steps up effort for shipboard gender equality
APPF-26: Delegates back Vietnam´s gender equality topic have 310 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 18, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.