Vietnamese travel firms have launched cost-free tours, copying a promotional model commonly used by airlines, to both domestic and outbound destinations. Offers include taking tourists to the U.S. at half the normal price via ‘budget packages’.The low-cost travel products are heating up the travel market during peak season, however they have also sparked skepticism from holidaymakers and industry insiders. Incredibly cheap pricesIn early November, a local travel firm known as V. stunned customers with a promotional campaign called “Hunting zero dong tours,” offering 1,000 packages at zero Vietnamese dong to several European and Asian countries, including France, Switzerland, Japan, China and Vietnam.The company’s general director, Tran Van Long, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper that they were willing to suffer losses with the campaign, held on the occasion of the launch of its new headquarters.“Just as with zero-cost air tickets, customers of the cost-free packages will travel with other ordinary tourists and enjoy the same service quality,” Long said.Many tour organizers have dramatically slashed prices for tours to the U.S., to the point of shocking holidaymakers.In late November, the Saigon S travel firm began marketing their eight day and seven nights package to the U.S. for only VND26.9 million (US$1,185) per… Read full this story
- Desperate airlines and travel firms call on government for a bailout as coronavirus grinds global travel to a halt
- State Department Raises Advisory for All International Travel to Highest Level: 'Do Not Travel'
- Bitdefender offers 12 months of free enterprise grade security for healthcare organisations
- Steel firms demand cut in energy costs to save industry and compete with rivals
- Senate Democrats change caucus lunch to conference call over coronavirus concerns
- Dozens Of Games Are Free To Claim This Weekend
- Free calculator helps you work out how much you’ll get on Universal Credit or benefits after coronavirus shake-up
- Airports Empty as Travel Bans and Fears Grow, Photos Show
- Ireland’s tour of Zimbabwe postponed due to coronavirus
- Some travel firms and airlines refusing to issue refunds – Which?
Vietnamese travel firms raise concerns over ‘cost-free’ tours Info Alert Alert Chia sẻ bài viết qua e-mail have 329 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 12, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.