MOSCOW (Sputnik) — US Air Force Gen. John E. Hyten has alleged that China and Russia have reportedly been developing capabilities, including jamming and laser weapons, that can target military assets of the United States, based in space. “Our adversaries have been watching us ever since the first Gulf War… The Chinese and the Russians, in particular, for the last twenty plus years have been watching what we have been doing and developing capabilities, and they have not been secret about it. They have been… testing weapons, building weapons to operate from the earth in space — jamming weapons, laser weapons, and they have not kept it secret,” Hyten said at the Reagan National Defense Forum in California as broadcast by CNN. According to the general, Moscow and Beijing were allegedly building those capabilities to challenge the United States and its allies as well as to “change the balance of power in the world.” Hyten acknowledged that there were currently no rules of engagement when it comes to military conflict in space, adding that international norms were needed. READ MORE: Deep Space? Pyongyang’s ICBM Allegedly Flew 10 Times Higher Than ISS Russia has repeatedly warned against the militarization of space. As part of their September Xiamen declaration, the leaders of BRICS countries, including China and Russia, have called on world states to carry out the peaceful exploration in outer space and in accordance with international law, stressing… Read full this story
- US Aims for Space Supremacy Pose Potential Threats to Russia, China - Ambassador
- China warns US against 'weaponising' space after Trump ordered Pentagon to create a new command centre for controlling military space operations
- INF-Banned Missiles: US Stirs Up Tensions to Push Russia, China to Wall – Lawyer
- Are China and Russia challenging US military dominance?
- The Guardian view on Russia and hacking: time to tackle our vulnerabilities
- Russia's 'invincible' hypersonic weapon that can strike anywhere in the world in MINUTES will be ready for war by 2020
- BRICS Adopts Wide-Ranging Declaration on Space Arms Race, Toxin Warfare, Regional Crises
- Syria's Bashar Assad talks 'world war,' chemical weapons and political solution in new interview
- China and Russia are working together to HEAT the atmosphere to cut off satellite communication in terrifying wargame experiment
- Invisible Shield, Invisible Sword: Russia's Electronic Warfare 'Second to None'
US Gen. Alleges Russia, China Building Weapons Against Military Assets in Space have 374 words, post on sputniknews.com at December 3, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.