Massive startup costs lead investors to search for existing universities to buy Universities in Vietnam are being offered for sale at record prices following a recent government decree that raised the minimum charter capital for opening a new university to VND1 trillion (US$44.05 million). In 2009, investors only needed VND50 billion ($2.2 million) in charter capital to establish a private university. This means that in just eight years, the required capital investment to open a new university in Vietnam has increased by 20 times. To avoid pouring so much money into such a risky venture, investors are now hunting for existing universities to acquire, massively inflating the valuation of universities. University rush T., one investor who already owns a number of colleges, said he had been looking to buy a university for months without success. “It costs too much and takes too long to open a new university,” T. said. “Buying an existing one is much more convenient. However, universities that sold for, say, VND300 billion [$13.22 million] in the past are now demanding double that.” A university in southern Dong Nai Province has put itself up for sale at VND600 billion ($26.44 million), and has already refused offers from… Read full this story
- GOG launches new Weekly Sale format in a bid to revisit the classics
- New PSN Flash Sale Offers Upto 80% Off on More Than 130 Titles for PS4, PS Vita and PS3
- A Standalone Gwent Game From The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Universe is Happening, Close Beta in September
- ‘Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor’s Lord of the Hunt DLC Details
- Xbox Live’s Ultimate Game Sale Begins with Deals on The Witcher 3, Quantum Break, and More
- Amazon’s 2013 Editor’s Choice Sale To Start Tomorrow: Crysis 3 $9.99, Dead Space 3 $9.99 and More
- EXPERT ADVICE The Shriveling Sales Process, or Who Left the Stove On?
- BMG and Universal Form Big Music/Big Dollar Powerhouse
- OPINION A Winning Sales Pitch for CRM Adoption
- GameStop posts Q1 decline, attributes decreased sales of new and used to aging console market
Investors on the hunt for universities for-sale in Vietnam have 324 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 8, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.