Breitbart News was the bright, shiny object of 2016, when the angry-populist, nationalist, right-wing web operation went all-in for Donald Trump, and the bet paid off with lavish winnings. But as 2017 draws to a close, reality has inevitably intruded, and the tendentious news site—founded a decade ago by the late Andrew Breitbart as a rebellious antidote to what he saw as the hypocrisies of the political and media establishments—spent the first year of Trump’s volatile presidency losing its former luster. “It’s still Breitbart, and it still helps set the narrative in the right-wing echo chamber,” conservative pundit Charlie Sykes told The Daily Beast. “But I would say that the base continues shrinking, and they’re going to be the loudest intercom within the Trump bunker as we head into 2018. They will appeal to the 30 percent of hardcore Trump supporters. They will help set the tone for the Trump defense. But, again, it is a shrinking universe.” At its heart, argued Angelo Carusone—president of the left-leaning press-watchdog organization Media Matters for America—Breitbart is becoming “a cult of personality,” with a core message that is increasingly about celebrating Stephen K. Bannon. He’s the website’s colorful and quotable executive chairman, whose oracular pronouncements… Read full this story
- Here’s How The Coronavirus Could Help Trump Win In 2020
- Kellogg pulls ads from Breitbart News: site isn't 'aligned with our values'
- Chinese Media Attacks Steve Bannon over Huawei Ban, Brands Him an 'Economic Fascist'
- Steve Bannon Sees Himself As Thomas Cromwell. Will His Head End Up on a Spike?
- Breitbart News blacklisted by ad tech company for violating hate speech rules
- With Steve Bannon, Trump’s signed up the meme-makers of misogyny
- Young progressives aren’t thrilled about Biden. Some fear that will help Trump, again
- ‘It helped us win 2001 Kolkata Test,’: Rahul Dravid credits unique factor for historic win against Australia
- GOODMAN: Justin Amash Will Help Trump Get Four More Years
- Trump Scandal Fight Revived With Flynn Reversal, Russia Papers
Breitbart News Helped Trump Win. Under Steve Bannon, It Might Also Help Him Lose have 327 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at December 20, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.