If it doesn’t work, he’ll just say that it did. Photo: The Washington Post/The Washington Post/Getty Images This past week was, in some ways, the most potent distillation of the Trump era we have yet encountered. This is not because any single incident is worse than any previous one over the past year. It’s because the last few days have brought all of them together in a new, concentrated way — a super-storm, as it were, of liberal democratic destruction. We have deranged tweeting; truly surreal lies; mindless GOP tribalism; evangelicals making excuses for the molestation of minors; further assaults on the free press; an unprecedented attack on the most reliable Atlantic ally; the demonization of personal enemies; stupendous tribal hypocrisy with respect to sexual abuse; the White House’s endorsement of a foreign neo-fascist hate group; the vengeful hanging out to dry of a Cabinet member; and the attempt to pass a catastrophic omnibus piece of legislation in one mad, blind rush in order to get a “win.” And all in a few days! At its center is mental illness. It radiates out of the center like a toxin in the blood. And this, again, is nothing new. On Trump’s… Read full this story
- Parnas used access to Trump's world to help push shadow Ukraine effort, new documents show
- Miss World America Strips Trump Supporter Of Title For Refusing To Wear Hijab, ‘Insensitive’ Posts
- Donald Trump's impeachment trial continues in the US senate, live blog
- Is America still the world's only superpower or is China a real rival? Experts aren't so sure anymore
- Donald Trump kicked off his re-election campaign by making socialism into 2020's dirty word
- Trump must not be allowed to dictate Venezuela's democratic recovery
- Donald Trump reportedly didn’t know India and China shared a border
- Rudy Giuliani associates tied to Donald Trump's Ukraine scandal arrested on campaign finance charges
- What did Donald Trump say at Davos 2020 and how can I watch it?
- Donald Trump: US Supreme Court allows his travel ban to go into full effect
America Is Trapped in Trump’s Delusional World have 338 words, post on nymag.com at December 1, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.