Columnists Say Reaction Would Be Far Different Election Day Produces Diverse Array of Winners Resentment of Black Wealth Seen in Anthem Debate Trump Appears to Pursue Vendetta Against CNN Calderon Becomes First Afro-Latina Evening News Anchor Worldwide, Youth Being Taught News Literacy HuffPost Talks to 13 Asian Americans About Eyes A Random Street Survey on Like, Dislike of ‘Latinx’ Lawyers, Legislators Fight Criminalization of Poverty Stigmatized Pygmy Teens Trained as Reporters Short Takes Columnists Say Reaction Would Be Far Different Two African American columnists of different generations and temperaments came to similar conclusions on Tuesday: If Devin Kelley, the apparent killer of 26 worshipers Sunday in Sutherland Springs, Texas, were Muslim or black, the nation’s reaction would have been far different. “White privilege continued to protect him in case after case,” Shaun King, the Black Lives Matter activist and former columnist for the Daily News in New York, wrote for BlackAmericaWeb.com after reviewing Kelley’s history. Leonard Pitts Jr., the syndicated Miami Herald columnist, asked, “Do you think that if the Texas killer had had an exotic name or begun his attack with a cry of ‘Allahu Akbar!’ our responses would be limited to thoughts and prayers and lawmakers would be… Read full this story
- FBI let mass killer Omar Mateen go three times as he was ‘not considered a threat’
- Mass killers inspire 'copycat' attackers
- Mass killer Jeremy Bamber who gunned down five members of his own family is selling off pens with his signature to raise cash
- Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe sparks fury from families as mass killer jumps 15-MONTH queue to get cataract op
- Norwegian appeals court rules mass killer Breivik not treated 'inhumanely'
- Racist mass killer Dylann Roof who shot dead nine people at church pleads guilty to avoid second death sentence
- Pistol used by Isis mass killer Anis Amri on sale on Euro black market for just £125
- Chilling moment mass killer Dylann Roof LAUGHS as he confesses to cops about murdering nine people in Charleston church massacre
- Utoya survivors confront mass killer in court
- Police chief refuses to identify the Texas mass shooter
What If Mass Killers Were Muslim or of Color? have 341 words, post on journalisms.theroot.com at November 13, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.