PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Images There’s no doubt that the modern work environment is a hotbed of stress. With non-stop emails, constant pings on Slack, and a slew of endless meetings, we rarely have enough time to do our best work, if any real work at all. We’re overworked, overwhelmed, and vulnerable to burn out. We all crave a better work life balance and have welcomed mindfulness into our lives as the answer. There are currently more than 1,300 mindfulness apps in the app store, with the global wellness industry bringing in a mind-blowing $3 trillion+ a year. While there are thousands of mindfulness practices you could apply to your life, there’s one you probably haven’t heard of, even though it’s used by top CEOs like Arianna Huffington and professional athletes: Sophrology. Developed in the 1960s by Colombian neuro-psychiatrist Alfonso Caycedo, sophrology is a blend of Eastern and Western philosophies and practices, combining concentration, deep breathing, visualization, and gentle movements called Dynamic Relaxation. While not widely known in North America, sophrology has been practiced in schools in Switzerland and France for decades. A recent study from Kent Business School found that practicing sophrology in the workplace had a positive impact on… Read full this story
- How to strengthen your immunity during the coronavirus pandemic: Exercise, meditation, sleep and stress management
- Don't let coronavirus anxiety take over: Harvard Medical School recommends yoga, meditation
- 12 meditation apps to help you destress
- US Olympic CEO tells AP why she's not demanding games' delay
- 8 Best yoga books: Find the guides to help you finesse your poses and meditate from home
- Coronavirus has Olympic athletes 'running on the spot' — sports scientist
- Shraddha Kapoor Asks People To Take Nationwide Lockdown Positively: 'Let's Use This Time To Grow'
- Inside the light-speed race to build a solar-powered commuter car
- ILA Vietnam: The power of education from the heart
- Revealed: The coronavirus tests being used around the world that can diagnose patients in minutes - as UK announces it'll swab 25,000 Brits a day with kits that can take DAYS to produce results
Sick of Meditation? Try This Powerful Mindfulness Practice Used by Top CEOs and Athletes have 337 words, post on inc-asean.com at November 28, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.