www.yahoo.com By Lauren Gill, Newsweek Britain’s relationship with race will change forever,” screamed the headline above a Guardian column after news of Prince Harry’s engagement to Meghan Markle broke on Monday, but the excitement might be premature — Markle will likely be instructed by royal advisers to hide that she is biracial and probably won’t end up doing much to improve the rocky race relations in the United Kingdom, according to two noted British scholars. “She won’t be allowed to be a black princess. The only way she can be accepted is to pass for white,” Kehinde Andrews, an associate professor of sociology at Birmingham City University who launched the first black studies degree in Europe, told Newsweek. “If there are people who are celebrating, it’s a bit naive, and they’ll be very disappointed.” Markle, whose mother is black and whose father is white, is being touted by some as a beacon of progress for the United Kingdom and its royal family, which has an exclusively white lineage with the exception of Princess Sophie Charlotte, who married King George III in 1761 and was rumored to have African ancestry. The family’s bloodline reflects that of the the United Kingdom, where 87.1 percent of the population is white and just 3 percent is black…. Read full this story
- A natural progression or break-up? Prince Harry, Meghan Markle no longer on The Royal Foundation website list
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle unfollowed everyone on Instagram. Here's why
- Meghan Markle snub: How William, Kate and Harry worked 'very well' as triple act
- Meghan Markle's dad struggles to get FaceTime with her, and Dr D ain't impressed!
- Prince Harry gets choked up remembering early days of Meghan Markle’s pregnancy
- Meghan Markle wedding: How to get her flawless skin - how to guide by her makeup artist
- Family favourite! Duchess of Cornwall steps out in smart forest green shade loved by Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle for a museum visit in Sussex
- Meghan Markle and Harry to reveal ‘world of pain’ on ITV: When is Meghan documentary on?
- Kate Middleton, Prince William fly commercial after Meghan Markle-Prince Harry private jet controversy
- Kate Middleton fires loyal aide after return from honeymoon amid split from Prince Harry, Meghan Markle
Meghan Markle ‘Won’t Be Allowed to Be Black Princess’ by Royal Family, Experts Say have 370 words, post on www.theoklahomaeagle.net at November 28, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.