He says transport tunnel would be far faster than current high-speed trains and use electromagnetic propulsion 0SHARES Share Tweet Email Elon Musk, founder, CEO and lead designer at SpaceX and co-founder of Tesla, speaks at the SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition II in Hawthorne, California, US, August 27, 2017. PHOTO: REUTERS Tech entrepreneur Elon Musk said on Tuesday The Boring Company will compete to fund, build and operate a high-speed Loop connecting O‘Hare Airport to downtown Chicago. Musk, the chief executive of electric car maker Tesla and rocket company SpaceX, recently started the Boring Company to build transport tunnels for the system, which he says would be far faster than current high-speed trains and use electromagnetic propulsion. Tesla hit by class-action lawsuit claiming racial discrimination Earlier on Wednesday, Chicago’s Mayor Rahm Emanuel asked respondents to present proposals to develop, design, equip, finance, operate and maintain an O’Hare Express operating system through a public-private agreement with Chicago. “Although cost estimates for the project are not yet known, the RFQ (Request for Qualifications) stipulates that the O‘Hare Express Service will be funded solely by project-specific revenues (like fares or advertising) and financed entirely by the concessionaire,” Mayor Emanuel’s office said in a statement…. Read full this story
- Tesla to be examined by SEC over Elon Musk's 'funding secured' tweet – report
- Elon Musk announces $78,000 high-performance version of Tesla Model 3
- Elon Musk wants to put tunnels under LA – but they might not fit his Tesla
- Is Elon Musk's plan for a road network beneath LA more than a pipe dream?
- SpaceX prepares to 'build the internet in space': Elon Musk files proposal to test vast fleet of satellites that will provide cheap global web coverage
- Will Elon Musk's 120-hour week stop us worshipping workaholism?
- SpaceX launches Starlink satellites so Elon Musk can beam internet anywhere on Earth
- How Elon Musk's secretive foundation hands out his billions
- Elon Musk Is Selling Flamethrowers, Says They Will Protect You Against Zombies Or Your Money Back
- Tesla’s Elon Musk, greatest showman in space
Elon Musk to compete to fund high-speed Loop in Chicago have 337 words, post on tribune.com.pk at November 30, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.